Guns N’ Roses, the popular rock band, was performing at MetLife Stadium. The stadium usually serves as home field for the NY Jets and the NY Giants, two pro football teams in the National Football League (NFL). Guns N’ Roses was playing in East Rutherford NJ as part of its nationwide tour, “Not in This Lifetime…”
According to an NJ State Police spokesperson, the 30 individuals arrested by law enforcement during last Saturday’s Guns N’ Roses performance at MetLife Stadium included people who were committing a number of criminal offenses, including:
- Disorderly Conduct: Nine people were placed under arrest for allegedly causing disturbances at the concert.
- Solicitation: A total of 11 individuals were arrested on charges of solicitation without a valid permit.
- Aggravated Assault: One woman allegedly assaulted a police officer in the MetLife Stadium parking lot.
- Simple Assault: Two people were placed under arrest and charged with simple assault, which is considered a disorderly persons offense in New Jersey.
- Resisting Arrest: One person was detained and charged with resisting arrest.
- Lewdness: Police arrested one person for “open lewdness” at the East Rutherford NJ concert.
- Trespassing: Three people were detained and charged with criminal trespassing.
- Harassment: One person was arrested and charged with harassment.
- Marijuana Possession: One person faces drug crime charges for simple possession of marijuana after police allegedly caught him carrying less than 50 grams of marijuana.
The person who was charged with aggravated assault is a Mahwah NJ woman. She has been accused of violently attacking two cops in the MetLife Stadium parking lot.
Two New Jersey State troopers suffered minor injuries while apprehending the aggravated assault suspect. The Mahwah suspect faces criminal charges for third degree aggravated assault. As set forth by N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1(b), aggravated assault against a police officer carries a punishment of 3-5 years in NJ State Prison.
For more information, check out the NJ1015.com article, “30 Arrested at Guns N’ Roses Concert at MetLife Stadium, Police Say.”